Our emotional state of choice is Ecstasy. Our nourishment of choice is Love. Our addiction of choice is technology. Our religion of choice is music. Our currency of choice is knowledge. Our politics of choice is none. Our society of choice is utopian though we know it will never be.
You may hate us. You may dismiss us. You may misunderstand us. You may be unaware of our existence. We can only hope you do not care to judge us, because we would never judge you. We are not criminals. We are not disillusioned. We are not drug addicts. We are not naive children. We are one massive, global, tribal village that transcends man-made law, physical geography, and time itself. We are The Massive. One Massive.
We were first drawn by the sound. From far away, the thunderous, muffled, echoing beat was comparable to a mother’s heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel, and electrical wiring. We were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness, and darkness of it, we came to accept that we are all equal. Not only to the darkness, and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and passing through our souls: we are all equal. And somewhere around 35Hz we could feel the hand of God at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies, and our spirits. Pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by sharing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magical bubble that can, for one evening, protect us from the horrors, atrocities, and pollution of the outside world. It is in that very instant, with these initial realizations that each of us was truly born.
We continue to pack our bodies into clubs, or warehouses, or buildings you’ve abandoned and left for naught, and we bring life to them for one night. Strong, throbbing, vibrant life in it’s purest, most intense, most hedonistic form. In these makeshift spaces, we seek to shed ourselves of the burden of uncertainty for a future you have been unable to stabilize and secure for us. We seek to relinquish our inhibitions, and free ourselves from the shackles and restraints you’ve put on us for your own peace of mind. We seek to re-write the programming that you have tried to indoctrinate us with since the moment we were born. Programming that tells us to hate, that tells us to judge, that tells us to stuff ourselves into the nearest and most convenient pigeon hole possible. Programming that even tells us to climb ladders for you, jump through hoops, and run through mazes and on hamster wheels. Programming that tells us to eat from the shiny silver spoon you are trying to feed us with, instead of nourish ourselves with our own capable hands. Programming that tells us to close our minds, instead of open them.
Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of a world you’ve created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in: Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.
Our enemy of choice is ignorance. Our weapon of choice is information. Our crime of choice is breaking and challenging whatever laws you feel you need to put in place to stop us from celebrating our existence. But know that while you may shut down any given party, on any given night, in any given city, in any given country or continent on this beautiful planet, you can never shut down the entire party. You don’t have access to that switch, no matter what you may think. The music will never stop. The heartbeat will never fade. The party will never end.
I am a raver, and this is my manifesto.
(Source: youtube.com)168 notes · #edc2010 #electric daisy carnival #edc #ravers manifesto #rave #raver #ravers #raves #raving #raging #music #video
- nissa003 likes this
- pens1eve reblogged this from ravetube and added:
- princesssuarez likes this
- soundoferic likes this
- jocelinadrianna likes this
- jocelinadrianna reblogged this from tumbldeeznuts1st
- tumbldeeznuts1st reblogged this from ravetube
- takased reblogged this from letmeshowyoulove
- to-shine-is-better-to-reflect likes this
- bunzitree reblogged this from ravetube
- npeanutbutter reblogged this from ravetube
- starlightmayfly likes this
- rhys-israd reblogged this from hisprincessinconverse
- tomorrrowneverrknows likes this
- feellovealways reblogged this from ciryl
- hooligan--shit reblogged this from ravetube
- cityofdreams21 reblogged this from ravetube
- tumeplais likes this
- salviperez92 likes this
- across--the-universe reblogged this from sterlingchainsaws
- sterlingchainsaws reblogged this from ciryl
- hisprincessinconverse reblogged this from ciryl
- hisprincessinconverse likes this
- sterlingchainsaws likes this
- ciryl reblogged this from idratherbewatchingafilm
- alextheparty likes this
- devils-in-my-head likes this
- idratherbewatchingafilm likes this
- electronicmusique likes this
- serendipityonthedaily likes this
- padvk likes this
- yuri35 reblogged this from ravetube
- yuri35 likes this
- intentionallyunintentional likes this
- rawrrnicole likes this
- t-vulla likes this
- matdinero reblogged this from rizagonzales
- katiekaaat likes this
- imlivingfreely likes this
- faleesh likes this
- rizagonzales reblogged this from ravetube and added:
- plaindoublecheeseburger reblogged this from ravetube
- giddeldo likes this
- axel-moral-less likes this
- quanisjiggy likes this
- timedivider likes this
- derrezy likes this
- letmeshowyoulove reblogged this from ravetube
- soojisooji reblogged this from ravetube